2.26.2012

More Living Room Dreaming

After we decided to finally commit to a couch I got motivated to figure out how to best layout the furniture. Most people would have done this before they bought a big oh sectional, but apparently I'm not most people.

We have dreams of entertaining more often once we have the new house. It's a big house for the two of us and Penster considering there will be no human children to fill it for a while, so we want to use the living space for spending time with friends and family. Have I mentioned Jacob is one of 12 kids? We will need seating.

Plus, I really like furniture. A lot. I'm weird.

Anyway, so here's where I'm at. I got sucked into Urban Barn's Room Planner  last night for longer than I want to admit. I had some trouble on my MacBook using it, but I think it was because I don't have a separate mouse (although it may have been user error) so I used the big huge desktop in the office and it worked like a charm. It was so easy. You just plug in your dimensions, add your furniture, and can just drag it all around.

I think this layout is my favorite. Jacob also agrees. Sorry the quality is bad. I saved them too small.


I also considered moving the sectional a few feet back since the living room opens right into the kitchen. There isn't really a wall where there looks like there is in my amateur floor plan.


I also moved it against the wall


And took away the side chairs


I like the sectional alone in the middle of the room, but I don't know how I feel about it not being centered on the entertainment center. I also like the extra chairs. But I don't want there to be too much furniture and feel crowded.  At this point I am between #1 and #4 and leaning towards the first one, but if you know me at all you know how indecisive I am.

Lets be honest, it will probably look nothing like any of these pictures in real life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com